I broke down and registered for this last week, even though I thought I was going to skip it this year. I’ve had a great time so far, I’ve got to see some old friends (Mike Sutfin, Tonya, Tomi and a slew of others I’m probably missing). Yesterday was pretty awesome for me, I walked around with Mike, Tonya and Pushead, looking at art books, while trying not to seem like I had a fanboy crush. Later on I stop by some places to grab some sketchbooks, and check out some artists work. Not too bad. I had to work the whole weekend but it was worth it. I’ll do it all again next year.
It’s been about 10 years since I’ve had a math class. Nice job waiting forever to take math. Oh well, I guess I’m in for a refresher course. A friend of mine said something that made sense to me the other day: “Math is like a foreign language, if you don’t use it, you lose it”. So true. Wish me luck.
Ok, so at one point this happens to just about everyone. Including me, doh! I had a plantronics 610 handsfree device, about the size of a AA battery for use in the car, etc. While rushing some laundry, I forgot to take it out of my pocket! I found it in the bottom of the machine after I had done laundry. Now here’s how to save your phone/electronic thingy.
1. Don’t turn it on. This is really not a good idea.
2. If it’s just been doused in a beer, turn it off.
3. Remove the battery, take it apart.
4. Here’s where I sound crazy, wash the device in DISTILLED water, the distilled part is very important. Rinsed mine a few times then let it soak for a whole day. Impurities in water don’t get along with electronic devices.
5. Stick the device, disassembled to the best of your ability in a bowl of silica beads (those things you get in your shoes), or this one is funny, a bowl of uncooked white rice. Leave it in there for 3 days so it drys up.
This seriously just worked for me, Science rules! Oh some other notes, if you try turning it on after it dries in the silica/rice bowl and nothing happens, place it on the adapter/charger if it powers up and doesn’t hold a charge you may need a new battery. Also try placing it on the charger without the battery.